View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 01:49 AM   #32
Slammed70

Re: Lt1 Engine Harness & Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_CS87 View Post
Does any know what good header setup would work with the swap?
A good set of 1 3/4 headers will wake up an LT1.....just becareful where as they are a "D" port and a straight plug design. I assume since your putting one of GMs mistakes into your truck you are going for performance....so Im sure I wont need to tell you to run long tubes. Only problem with headers are the O2 sensors, you will have to make some extensions for them. SLP sells them for $65 a pair if I remember right. Or you can make your own, but if you do make your own...SOLDER them, DO NOT crimp the wires together with butt splices. O2s operate on 200-500mv so and little bit of resistance will **** you all kinds of up.

As far as the smog goes....its 94 and OBD1 so you can just unhook/cap everything off. You need to remove the balencer in order to take of the tube that connects the A.I.R. Atleast I did in the car....if the motors out Im sure you will have enough room to fanagle it out. The smog pump on that cars electric....help in by three bolts, unhook it and throw it in the trash, but that will leave a 3/4 port on your air intake duct open. As far as the EGR goes....chuck it, theres two ports on the back of your intake you need to block off, or spend $300 and buy an LT4 intake. The LT4 intake doesnt have any emissions anything on it....just one vacuum port on the drivers side for the booster, and the PCV valve/vacuum port thingy. You will notice the car runs 10 degrees cooler and has more power....but runs a bit richer.

And those vacuum/electrical things you posted pics of, you dont need them. If you follow the hoses...they all lead to a T on the rear of the intake....which lead to the EGR valve and the EGR solenoid. So you can chuck them along with your EGR system. And the connectors are all them "weather pack" style so nothing bad will come from leaving them to dangle. And that thing on the front by the throttle body....I dont know what that is, neither my 95 nor my buddies dads 92(vette) has it.

Just a suggestion...hit up Dynaspark and get rid of that ****ty gen I opti-
http://www.dynaspark.net/products/

Hope that helped, if you need anymore info or advice on LT1 go-fast parts just let me know, Ive owned two F-Bodies and built 15 or so of them engines.

Mitch
Slammed70 is offline   Reply With Quote