View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #111
shifty
Questionable

Re: my official 68 shortstep ls1 thread (lots of pics)

Budget: Wait4MePerformance: Full harness hack (you supply) and reflash for around $300 and you'll need to do add'l wiring on the harness for relays, etc. Do not expect any customer service, though.

Mid-level: Speartech: Killer harness with all fuses and relay provisions in place for around $700. Get reprogrammed from Wait4Me, about $100-150 (I forget).

Expensive: A) Painless wiring harness + Wait4Me reprogram or B) S&P (www.hotrodlane.cc) harness and pre-made/flashed PCM. Option B is the easier/better route, either one will cost you $1500 or more.

These are your options. I personally wanted to go Speartech, but beggars can't be choosers, I AM on a budget. Big plus to Speartech is it is literally plug n play - they may also have PCM's you can buy (I believe they do). They also test every harness on an engine before delivering to you to INSURE that it works.

I will probably buy a Speartech harness when the funds are available, or if my engine won't start and I think it's the wiring.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 11-15-2006 at 01:42 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote