View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #113
shifty
Questionable

Re: my official 68 shortstep ls1 thread (lots of pics)

Painless SAYS they have a complete plug and play, but ask anyone who has used their harness in an LS1 swap into our trucks and they're gonna tell you it was a nightmare. I've heard it several times already.

If Speed Scene is offering to include all of the relays and other crap for fuel pump, cooling fans, and all inline fuses and whatnot, maybe it's worth it. Speartech already does this.

If you're going to spend half as much as your drivetrain on it, go Speartech. Everyone I've talked to at LS1tech swears by them.

I personally used (as did a couple others here) Wait4Me. They "got the job done" and I am satisfied, but, I mean, it's not totally plug and play (some wiring is required), the way you supply ignition and power to the PCM and starter is a little sloppy, their customer service is non-existant (they don't have to pay people, so no overhead which means great prices for you). I know that Jesse is very familiar with reprogramming also, but there was no support, little communication about "what possible options there are" and it was more about getting it done and getting it back than anything.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt - some of this information is relayed, based on some very strong commentary on various sources. I know, if I was gonna do it again, I would personally go Speartech. I couldn't have done it this time (budget reasons), it was hard to justify spending the same $$$ amount as a reasonable airbag setup just to get a stupid wiring harness.

If you look at my gallery (linked to the year/make of my truck in my sig) you will see that the Wait4Me harness is very clean looking and...good enough for gov't work.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote