View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #70
byrd
Union Electrician

Re: My build up thread 67 small window short/fleet

I picked up a cab(almost totally rust free, literally) from Montana that Huck a fellow board member turned me on to. Bill another member here in Ky brought this cab back and had it for sale. Huck contacted me and I got in touch with Bill and the deal was made. This should make the restoration a lot easier as the cab I had before was pretty rough(see pics in earlier post)I brought the cab home yesterday and got it into the shop for a photo op.Huck was also very helpfull in giving me a 1 1/2" yoke that I needed for my 200r4 to get the driveshaft work done and complete the driveline.Hopefully in the next two weeks I will be able to get the bodyguy started on the cab and keep the restoration moving along. The cab will only need maybe a rocker and a little on the kicks panels, but other than that is is rust free, all cab supports, cab corners, winshield area, visor area, and floor pans are rust free and in great shape.
Thanks again Huck for the help and the heads up!!!
Here are a few pics of the cab..
Attached Images

Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors

Last edited by byrd; 11-19-2006 at 10:25 AM.
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote