View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #148
55ChevyPU

Re: 55 project thread

Cal: I had to make the mounting plates for the door if you cant tell by all the scribbles on it. The door in that area has one of those recessed sections I still need to cut the edges down to fit that, I still think they are pretty good for a 19 year old. http://www.two40musclez.com is my web server. My digital camera can record decent quality digital video so I just upload that onto my server and give you guys the link, if you need a small video hosted I can throw it up there but nothing to big in size!

Poncho: Yea I hope the rubber works out for both of us, Ill just have to wait and see. I was first thinking of doing shaved handles but as I thought more about it I like the door handles for the 55-59 trucks. I want to paint the rest of the truck before it gets to cold "yea I know im in southern california its hot here all year" but before I could paint the doors I had to figure out the locking mechanisms/latches. I probably wont be using the handle much because I am going to install a remote to operate the door relays as well. Maybe I will install a 3rd relay which has to be activated to use the door handles for extra secuity.... HRMMM IDEAS IDEAS IDEAS.

The way the handle locking mechanism works is there is a vertical cut in a piece of metal. Turn the lock open and the vertical cut allows the flat piece of metal on the button to slide through. Turn the lock to the closed position and the lock piece is horizontal while the cut is vertical not allowing it to slide through. Right behind this lock is a electric push switch I mounted so instead of the lock pushing open the latch it pushes an electric switch and pop goes the solanoid. I dunno I though it was a pretty cool idea.

Last edited by 55ChevyPU; 12-03-2006 at 08:38 PM.
55ChevyPU is offline   Reply With Quote