View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #25
-Greg72

Re: 1-Piece Window and a better bodyline....??? (pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharcyde05 View Post
hear is the start of one but its not going to have side windows at all
a one peice would be a good idea it wouldent be easy to make work it would be a very large window you wound have to make up the diffrance that you cut off the door in glass and relocate the regulater so the glass would go down into the door and not stick out the top when all the way down

That's a good point about the glass.....it's going to stick up about 2" from the door even when it's fully rolled down!!!

As long as there's room in the door to lengthen the stock regulator, that one seems solveable.

In your photos, it looks like in addition to cutting down the door tops you also cut off the entire A-pillar area from the door. (where the vent wing would have gone)... Is that correct, or just something odd with the photo itself?

I don't plan to cut that part of my doors off....I will need that to stabilize the glass as much as possible. There is certainly a risk of breaking the glass because of how vulnerable and unsupported it can be. However, like most of you I plan to leave them down 99% of the time anyway. I'd only roll them up if I got caught in some bad weather or something like that.

BTW -> The feedback and help provided in this thread (and a few others) have already proven to be extremely valueable to me.....so I decided to pony up the $25 for a membership to show my appreciation!

"Pink" wasn't my color anyway......

1972 K5 - 502BBC/4L80E/Magnum205/Mog-9s/5.26s/38" BFG KM2s

Find me on INSTAGRAM @MIGHTASWELLK5

'72 K5 - Greg's "Might As Well™" Build
-Greg72 is offline   Reply With Quote