View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #42
SCOTI

Re: Autometer gauge cluster- Gringoloco style*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LoC10 View Post
When I had my old s10 I had all the silver faced Auto Meters.. Pro Comps I think, and also had two matching PSI gauges for the airride.. they were nice gauges
The prob is the factory clusters arrangement: 2x 5" holes & the 1x 3 3/8" hole. They don't make gauges to fill them all. Autometer used to make fuel level/pressure, oil, & temp gauges in the 3 3/8" size but not any more, so your stuck w/a tach (or nothing) in that hole. Occassionally you can find NOS-Autometer stuff on E-bay but only in the black Pro-Comp or White-Faced Phantom series & then there's no air-psi to match. While I like Autometer gauges.... I don't care for those GIANT numerals (160mph speedo & 10K rpm tach) for this application.

I really like the Classic Instruments 'G/Stock' Classic Series. They have a sporty 60's/70's muscle car/factory look to them (they're a retro looking green/silver silk-screen print). They offer a quad gauge, speedo, & tach.... in a 3 3/8" or 5" diameter; but no smaller air psi gauges. That was my direction. Those gauges in the factory top 3-holes (5" speedo, 3 3/8" tach, 5" quad) & then matching single air gauges in the lower 4 holes.

Perhaps I can have the smaller ones made?????? I'll make a phone call.....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 12-12-2006 at 05:18 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote