View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 11:12 PM   #20
Brad
Out of the carpool lane.

Re: Not so hidden hitch protecting fuel tank and rear bumper install

1BadSS, I think the way you stated your opinion was rather rude. I'm guessing you see dirt and surface rust and edges of sheetmetal that aren't pretty and consider this poorly built, but I think you'd change your mind if you saw it in person. It came out pretty darn well except for pretty paint and I have absolutely no issues with how I put it together. It won't win any awards but it'll keep me MUCH safer and looks pretty decent to boot even if I do say so myself! I'm not afraid of opinions, but yours could be made with a bit more tact.

For everyone else, here are some more pics that might help to clear up any confusion. My goal for the hitch was threefold; to use it as a hitch if ever needed, to take the place of a rear crossmember since the tank sticks out farther than the frame rails, and to act as protection in the event of a rear end collision. I'm really not worried that it'll collapse in the event of a collision because it's pretty strong and since it's welded in, it'll hold better than bolts. Down the road, I intend to make it pretty along with the rest of the truck.

PS. Aaron, I didn't fix the vibration yet-I'll start into it next week
Attached Images

1968 C-10 SWB, 5.7 Vortec/700R4/3.73 posi, Torch Red
1968 Camaro, 250/Powerglide, all original (No, I'm not gonna drop a 350 in it!...Jeez!)
2000 Honda VFR in the faster yellow!
2008 Husqvarna TE-610

1967 C-10 SWB 'Six Appeal'-Gone but not forgotten...

Last edited by Brad; 12-23-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote