Thread: 52 Project
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 08:22 PM   #65
pgf545

Re: 52 Project

Ok I got a little ahead of myself...lol. I went down today and played a little more with the door, trying to get it shut and get the gaps correct. After some measurements I figured out the I was still about a 1/4 inch off on the opening. Well I tried to pull it around and finally had to cut the outer cowl panel to provide enough relief to pull the jamb around. After all that work I am still having issues with the gaps.....like the damn door still won't close...gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I decide to call it a day and hit it again tomorrow. I was by myself so trying to hang the door and make the adjustments was really hard. I think I am going to have some help in the morning so maybe I can get it...if not I am going to take the hinges off and mill the slots a little longer and I think that will take care of it. I took careful measurements from the pass side and got the drivers side with an 1/8 at the worst spot and several places were dead on so I am hopeing that it is only an adjustment issue. Here are a couple of pictures of what I did today.

Bernie
Attached Images