View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 11:10 PM   #97
arkracing
Weekend Warrior

Re: Its the shortbed's turn "Project Junkyard Resurrection"

Thanks. On the T.Case Shifter rails - the part that I circled in Yellow on your picture - that is welded onto the actual shifter rail right???

anyway as far as the wheels and tires go. I decided to take a ride with my buddy to the junk yard today as he had to pick up a car. when I walked in the front gate guess what was sitting right in front of me???? a '81-'87 1/2 Chevy!!!!!!! with the original stock style 15" It even had all the original Hub caps on it!!! I ask the guy if he wants to sell them. "sure, $20 sound fair? " - went down and took them off (even got all the lug nuts, and 12 of them were NEW).

They are 15"x6" Wide with 235/75R15 tires - tires are junk anyway.

The trim rings that were on my truck fit on the stock styled rims as well. I'll sandblast them and paint them - undecided on the white or the "gunmetal grey" they chevy used on some wheels.

I put one w/trim ring and the hub cab on the truck just to see how it would look, I like it a lot better than the 31x10.50R15's Ballon Tires. I know most guys are the opposite and want the big tires etc etc. I just didn't like those ugly gold rims and the tires don't really do it for me. Stock profiled 4x4's look good if you ask me

Attached Images

-'69 Chevy C30 Mason Dump

-'33Ford P/U 396ChevyPowered
arkracing is offline   Reply With Quote