View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #35
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Re: progress pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaird View Post
guys, heres a pic of the 4 link mocked up. My axle is at ride height which was derived from the slam bag being a little over 6" inflated at ride height. My issue is the angle of the 4-link. I thought it is supposed to be parallel at ride height. Is it ok the way it looks? I can't move the front mount any further up.
I agree with the other's, it's gonna ride real low. I can only imagine what you'll have to do to the front.

To get the four bars closer to level, maybe you can swap the front mounts of each side with each other. This would put the front mount tabs angling downward, allowing you to raise the front mounts a couple of inches higher on the frame rail. Instead of airing up the bags to 7" which may increase the firmness of the ride, maybe you can install spacers between the bags and the brackets to get the bars level at ride height.

BTW, looking good...

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote