View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 11:01 AM   #36
DMX84

Re: How rare is the GMC Sierra Grande?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierragrande71 View Post
Longhornman, was right about the tailgate it turns out that it was reskinned at one point. As for the mirrors those will be replaced with some sport mirrors from that era. I don't have any pics of the glovebox decal that on the inside of it, because I keep both my GMC and my white '69 Chevy pickups at my parents house. I live in the city of Sacramento, CA and refuse to the possibility of waking up one morning and seeing that some "low-life" has taken my babies from me! Some of my friends nice rides have vanished that way. DMX84, I noticied that you glovebox emblem is different than mine, mine has the actual "SIERRAGRANDE" emblem on it. Wonder what's the reasoning behind that?
I have no clue. There seems to be a lot of differences between these trucks IE: the Custom above the door handle not on your truck, the missing wood grain trim on my dash, missing head liner from Rayn”70’s (his other missing stuff I think is just optional and not standard for the SG edition) Everything I have says it’s a Sierra Grande, I also know a little about the history of the truck too. I don’t suspect that it was changed in any way either-just the way they did things I guess.
Maybe they didn’t build that may SG’s and they couldn’t remember everything that went on ‘em and just built them with what they could remember?

Does your truck have the sport truck PKG (Z86)? I would like to know what this is.
BTW, do you have the front sway bar?
~D