View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #194
Rokcrln

Re: Project Lemon Drop: anything but stock!

Ok Cowl questions~
What I did was bolt the cowl back on the cab (do not install any windshield screws) and weld a filler piece over the vents first then after it was welded all the way I flipped it over and removed the vents. I did it this way because the cowls are so flimsy (SP) it would have just warped every which way had I just cut out the vents and welded a piece in. As for the missing screw holes their is not much you can do about them so what I fould worked out well was to add another screw inbetween each one on the front edge and I also reworked the windshield edge abit so you have to kind of strech the cowl out to put it on. This helps keep the center from flopping but it is still not as good as the stock set up. I am guessing at about 80mph you might see it flutter just a bit but it should not affect any thing.

Fender cup ?'s~

Yes it is not real easy but it is not that hard ether. I the biggest problem I found was that it was short along the body line from fender opening to were it meets up against the grill. Now it might only be the tri plus repo cup but I was not real happy with it. If this truck was going to get a front roll pan this would not have worked. But since it is getting a bumper in front you will never know. It is not a big differance but I would say it was about 3/16 short and that was after reworking it as much as I could. With a front bumper this entire area is tucked under the top edge of the bumper so the important area to line up is the wheel opening edge so it flows right with the rest of the opening. I will get a pic to show you what I am talking about.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote