View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #38
68gmcdually

Re: Here's what I've been doing for the past year.... :)

Very nice garage. I was VERY, VERY lucky when my wife and I went house hunting last winter we stumbled upon the perfect house for us. Well it had the garage I wanted and the kitchen she wanted everything else we changed.

I need to redo the roof on the garage and I talked to the building inspector but I am not allowed to go much higher according to code to accomodate a loft above. I was going to strip the roof and add onto the block walls and then reuse the trusses but I guess that is out of the question. I could buy new trusses but that is out of the budget as well. For now I guess that I will live with my 10' high ceilings. I think that for now I will build an office in the front right corner to store my collectible stuff and somewhere to hang out and then down the road deal with the height issue. There is also a car port the whole length of the garage on the right side which is great for my DD. Currently the garage is 25' W x 45' L. This picture was taken on the day of purchase it looks a little better now.

When I do my air compressors lines I am going to use Black Iron Pipe, my family owns a propane business so we have lots of threading machines and the tools to do it. We did my dad's garage that way in '86 and haven't had any issues with rust or what not.
Attached Images

1968 930 Extend-A-Cab Dually 5.7l, 5 speed,

Last edited by 68gmcdually; 01-21-2007 at 01:46 PM.
68gmcdually is offline   Reply With Quote