View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 PM   #119
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

Now for an old hot rod trick I learned years ago form my budys dad. I like to run a single belt from the crank right to the water pump pully. It does not run anything but just is along for the ride untill that long Alt. belt decides to fly off as you are pulling a big hill with a loaded trailer and their is no where to pull off for about 5 or 6 miles. Do you let the motor over heat, stop and pull to the side of the road a posibly cause a wreck! No you just keep on driving because that due nothing belt is now running your water pump untill you have a safe place to pull off and fix things I show the Napa part # that I use with the stock size pullys. How you get it on (since their is not an adjuster for the water pump) is remove your other belts, and the fan from the water pump. Then put the belt on the second (how I did it) from the back grove on the crank and over the water pump flange. Then put the belt on the water pump pully and angle it on the flange and push it in place. This is needed in order to get a tight fitting belt on both pullys. It does not fit as tight as other drive belts but it does not need to, being so short it will not jump off or cause a problem (atleast in teh 20ys I have been doing this). The put you fan and other belts back on just like you would always do and you are set. The belt was $7.86 and no extra time since it was all part for the PS pump.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
total $604.71
and 23hrs
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote