View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #120
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

You know this build has been alot of fun so far but strange at the same time. On most of my builds I would be in the $2000+ range for what I have done here so far because I would have replaced everything as I went. But on this one I am just doing what needs to be done to be safe and reliable. Normaly I would have bought the High end HEI from Davis Unified Ing. (DUI) for $300 and their 8.5mm wires for another $100+ and better plugs that would go 50,000 miles for $80+- or so for a truck that might get 2-3K miles a year on it. I would have also ran out and did new exhaust instead if fixing it for now and that would have been $3-600 depending on headers/manifolds, aluminized tubing, flowmasters and you just have to have the chrome tips! So for me each time Isit down to add up parts I cringe at what it is going to be then when I add it up and only see $604.71 to date and the truck is on the road and is running good and feels safe it is kind of a neat feeling

So the next things will be mounting the Tahoe seats, tracking down some wiring problems like int. lights, heater and small things like that. Then will be the lowered front dropped spindles and springs (5") and the rear flip kit (6-7") and a good alignment because it darts side to side so chances are it needs it but I will wait untill I drop it so I do not pay for an alignment twice. Then will come the chop job to the frame and bed but that will not happen for a few months untill I get cought up on customer builds now that it is starting to warm up a bit

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote