View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 01:34 AM   #23
SactoJim

Re: 72 Cheyenne Build Thread

Thanks alot guys for the compliments. Seems this truck is taking a lot longer then I ever imagined and I tend to have good stretches of progress and longer stretches of no progress, but now I'm at the point where I'm seeing significant visual changes and the sound of the thing running which substantially adds to the motivation!!

N2Billet - A compliment from you is gold when I look at your red 68....makes me wanna sell my 72 front end and convert!! Could I see some pics of your vehicles with the Vintec's? There's a big part me that is struggling with putting a cast center type wheel on this thing...WHAT TO DO!

CG - I love the 200S's that I have. but just want a bigger wheel/tire combo. Gonna sell em once I get the truck road worthy and after a few good burn outs with the old rubber.

GreaseMonkey72 - The color is 99-00 Corvette Bright Blue or I've heard it referred to as Nassau Blue.

...as far as horsepower goes, I've seen a few tests in some of the mags that resulted in about 470 hp on a goodwrench small block 350 with aluminum heads and a mild cam. I have a few more cubes (388) and a little bigger lower pulley and should see about 6-7 lbs of boost, though the charge will be a little warmer because this baby blower has to spin so fast. I'm guessing anywhere from 500-550 hp, but the best part will be the massive amount of low end torque the roots style blowers are famous for. I just hope the 700r4 stays together!
- 4 wheel discs
- relocated fuel tank
-

My Build Thread

Last edited by SactoJim; 01-26-2007 at 01:35 AM.
SactoJim is offline   Reply With Quote