View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 08:53 PM   #1
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

My Nightmarish Project

Ok this is going to be a little long,

I originally bought a 1986 chevy c10 2wd lwb from my uncle for 750 bucks. It had a 305 with granny tranny after some time the fork on the tranny broke and while i was there i replaced the motor with a 350. Well after i was done the rear axel started to jurk so that gone went looking for a rear axel.

A friend told me about a 1986 siverado 2wd lwb automatic th350, tilt colum, crusie control, 2 gas tanks, and with a perfect body. But it had no motor and the tranny was cracked around the bell. The guy want 300 bucks for it, I didnt even hagal with him the body was well worth it. The truck was rust free except for a small spot on the cab corner pass side. i still wish it was 4x4 only cause it comes in hand from time to time.

Right after i bought that truck anther friend found a 1980s seria classic 4x4 lwb manual with a body that has seen a better days. The guy says the driveline is in great shape but it sat for 3 years in the woods with a boat attached. All he ask for the truck was to remove the truck and the boat.

So My projet is this take the siria clasic frame and undercarrage put the siverado on top of that frame put my c10 motor in it and that the manual tranny out and put a prevously aquired 700r4 with shift in it place. The sirrea has a moto but unknown to it condition and the c10s 350 is HO and burn rubber to no end.

Wish me luck I'll have pictures up soon of all 3 trucks but i still need to get one the seria class cause of the ground has been to soft to reteve it with out detroying the mans yard.
Srubydo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote