View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #197
Rokcrln

Re: Project Lemon Drop: anything but stock!

Well it has been about a month now since any work was done on this project. The temps have just been to cold to do any body work but it is starting to look up for next week I also just started building my convertable paint booth so I will be able to heat things up a bit and keep any dust down to a very small amount if any at all. My shop is not insulated and the rafters have alot of nooks and cranys for dust and dirt to hide so what I am doing is taking a 16x24' section and plywooding off the rafters. I am then building one solid wall that the filters will be mounted in and in the other corner will be the fan to suck out all the paint fumes. I got the ply up today and one cote of primmer on and I will get the finish bright while paint on it in the morning and start building the wall. The other three walls will be 10mil visquene (SP?) attached at the ceiling and floor. I am installing a few more lights and I will also be filling any cracks in the floor before using a two part epoxy paint I have. This should really make it alot easier to keep things clean and give me a booth for alot of projects that are starting to line up after this one is complete. I have 6 of my own to paint one of these days and three customer builds lined up so it should come in handy.
Keep in mind this entire shop is only set up temporary for now because I will be adding a second story (25"x45') in a year or so then it will get set up right. I will have all of the major fabrication being done up stairs and just the needed tools down stairs for building the vehicals.

Anyways I just wanted to update things as they will be starting back up this week and the owner will be comming over next Sunday to help with all the block sanding...

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote