View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 09:31 AM   #47
Ziptar
Diesel Addict

Re: Post Your 73-80 Truck Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswancutt View Post
ok, here are 3 of 4 of my fleet.

Red 79 former diesel, will donate the body to the 78 k10, and I'm in the process of pulling the Old's 403 and turbo 400 and putting them in the white 79.
NICE!!! Do me a favor and give me a shout before you toss any of the Diesel specific stuff, you don't use. Always looking for spares for Ol' Silver. Really needs Silverado Style Dash Bezel with the Rectangle cut out for the "Glow Plugs" "Don't Start" Light between the speedo and gas gauge.

Here is Ol' Silver in all it's glory....

Funny you mention the 79 Diesel donating it's cab to a 78 K10, same thing may happen with Ol' Silver. I just looked at a 78 (but I think it's really a 79) Auto A/C 4x4 K10 Silverado with a cab that has rust bubbling out under the old bondo in the rockers and cab corners and new unpainted bondo slapped on in spots. Guy just put a sign on it in his driveway, he wants $800 but says the tranny slipsbecause it needs a filter and it needs a transfer case (which he has for $250 extra). It has a utility bed on the back that needs to go. Going to see if I can get it for the right money.

Ol' Silver has a very solid cab outside of light surface rust where the paint is evaporated on the roof and the A & B Pilllars. The floors, corners, and rockers that look almost new, at least not older than 5 years. There is a single rust thought spot under the windshield on the passenger side about the size of a nickel. The 2wd cab would clean up great with a little soda blasting. And yet the bottoms of the doors are completely ate up, go figure.

Of course the Olds 5.7L Diesel strapped to a 700R4 and a NP205 would go in the 78 K10 also

Last edited by Ziptar; 02-18-2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: pic was too big.
Ziptar is offline   Reply With Quote