View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
ThatOneBlue67
I survived Dead Man's Curve.

Re: What drew you to the 67-72 Chevy/GMC Trucks?

My dad bought his 67 when I was 11 or 12 and Iwasn't really interested in it. I loved the old fin cars from the 50's but his truck was just "a truck" to me at that age. My first car was a Toyota 4Runner, cool little SUV 4x4, but just too boring for my taste. I wanted a classic SOMETHING. Originally I was shooting for a 59 Cadillac (a.k.a. tuna boat) but my dad was paying for this at the time so it HAD to be an older truck. He didn't want some Titanic of a car blockign the driveway.

So I was looking up trucks of this era and ALMOST bought a 72 3/4 ton. But, as you might have guessed, dad didn't want his son having a big block that gets 2 miles to the gallon.

That's when, on the second search, I found a 67 stepside, just like my dad's, but with a primer body and no windows. A year later; which consisted of body work, a cheapo paint job, a new bench seat, new glass and (THANK GOD!) a 350 small block, I'm up to par with my old man.

For a long time I was still looking at cars like "Christine" but my old truck really grew on me everytime that I drove it. The V8 and my first burnout just blew me away and now this truck is truely staying with me 'til the day I croak. It's actually a muscle car, but a truck. A muscle truck I guess. Now I just need to find me some cheap SS emblems to stick on it.

"The Hurricane"
1967 Chevrolet C10
350 Eight Cylinder, 700R4 BowtieOverdrive

Cherry Bomb... Disturbing the Peace Since 1968.
ThatOneBlue67 is offline   Reply With Quote