View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #341
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

Well I was a slacker today. Started at 6am headed down to Lowes for some wall mount lights for the shop. Then off to church at 10 and out to the shop at 12 to install the lights and misc. Then about 2pm I started on the truck and here is what I got done (or started )

First project was installing the ECE hidden hitch. I must say their are not very many items that I can make my self but instead I will go out and buy, but this is one of them and worth every penny! To start I clamped it in place with the end up against the lic plate holder. I had to grind off two rivits from the rear cross member for it to sit flat but this cross member wil get addessed later. Then transfer punch the mounting holes and trace the reciever tube end to the plate holder before removing the hitch to drill holes. Mark and cut the hole in the plate holder, mount the plate flip that came in the kit. Drill the mounting holes and bolt it all back up. Done deal. I just followed the directions that were provided in the very complete kit and it all worked out great. The only thing I will add to the hitch is a rattle nut. The reciever fits a bit loose and will rattle alot so I will add a nut and bolt(not done yet) to tighten things up for towing.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rokcrln; 04-01-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote