View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #86
shifty
Questionable

Re: Calling all LS1 converted trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
Shifty; so are you saying I can use my original gauge cluster?
You could, with some minor modification in a few areas.

You'd need to convert your tranny to use a mechanical speedometer (this is possible, but more money than I would spend). There is a spot where you can drill your oil pan and tap it to use the stock mechanical oil gauge. You can T-off of one of your vacuum lines to hook to your vacuum gauge. There is a bolt hole in the rear of the passenger side head you can adapt to use the stock mechanical water temp gauge. Your stock gas gauge will work fine with no modification. Your stock ammeter gauge will work, with minor rewiring.

You will need an electronic tachometer, though. That's about the only gauge you really need to replace - and only if you really, really want one.

I'm telling you, with this swap, all you need is a 3-digit IQ score, some creativity, the ability to read, and the common sense to know when you should look up the answers on your own, rather than ask someone who has done the swap --- I say this because --- If your experience is anything like mine, asking people who've done the swap a lot of simple, easy questions up front makes them less likely to answer the tough questions and help with your problems later when you will really, really need the answer from someone who should know

Google is your friend. LS1Tech's "Conversions" forum is your friend. Good luck with your swap.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote