View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 10:31 AM   #177
watahyahknow

Re: 55 project thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55ChevyPU View Post
Ummm-- ill pull her out and take some pics tomorow if I can. Maybe I should take some video of burnouts!

Yes my pops painted it out front, I actually live in Moreno Valley not Riverside so its not nearly as squeezed together as riverside is. Plus I live in a culdesac so its been fine so far just no painting on windy days.

Finally carputer- Haha I just built a new computer recently after my old video card (6800 ultra) fried. I took those components and rebuilt a new pc for the car. One thing to keep in mind is the thing thats so damaging about bumpy roads is the arms hitting the platters. While this is a problem with your generic PC Hard Drives. Laptop Hard Drives spin slower and are designed with the intention of being bounced around, ive got an older 2.5" HD for the Carputer in hopes that will prevent problems.
maybe you get more luck when you mount the harddisk straight up so the arm just moves up and down instead of on the platters

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote