View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 08:46 AM   #14
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Dazed & Confused

"Originally Posted by jwrath7
So last night after I bought a 1:87 and a 1:24 C10's, I pulled the 1:87 from the box and I was pleased with it. However, I waited until my wife got home from work to take out the 1:24 (i was debating on leaving it in the box) to show it to her and take a look for myself. I noticed immediately that there were 3 dings in the hood. After noticing this I took a closer look and it seems that the hood and doors went through a rougher process than the chassis because they looked like someone took a fine grit sand paper to them. Hopefully there is another one at the Wally mart that I got this one from so I can swap it out. I will defiantly take a closer look at it before I leave the store though."

The first 1/24 I picked up, the hood fell off it inside the box. Another had white specs on the paint. It might have been dust, but didn't really look like it. As far as scaling goes, it doesn't really matter to me. I collect them because I like the trucks and would like to get an example of all of them made. I still need to get a few of those JL blazers, the Hwy 61 trucks and the promo trucks, and the American Muscle step side too. Don't have the several hundred laying around to get those just yet. But as long as there is ebay, somebody will be selling them.

HG
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote