View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #96
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: Calling all LS1 converted trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
hey gringoloco are you doing the conversion yourself or having it done?
Doing it myself, if I ever find the time... Collecting parts right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkade View Post
Well I finially got me another engine and trans. I ended up with a 4.8 and a 4l60e. What motor mounts are you guys using for the ls motors and what did you do to for the trans crossmember? I am going to turn the 4.8 into a iron block ls1. I got my pistons in yesterday and the crank is on its way. I am trying to locate some 243 heads and a ls6 intake and a tr226 cam. Also what accessories are you using on your motor (car or truck)? Are you using the truck oil pan? I hope the engine combo will make some good numbers and still give me around 18mpg.
Just use the adapter plates available anywhere for the mounts. The ECE setup puts the motor too far forward IMO. Just move your stock crossmember back and drill new holes. Use the truck pan. The iron block LS1 sounds cool. You should just be able to bore/hone/reassemble and have a 5.7. With that heads/cam combo, you should see around 400hp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Custom View Post
Here is a picture of mine.

2004 5.3L Out of a SSR all aluminum
4l60e transmission

It is being taken to a performance shop today to get some of the bugs worked out of it.
Very nice!

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote