View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002, 03:44 PM   #5
low 84

Re: battery drain

Quote:
Originally posted by jhow66
Your horn should not be your battery drain as all it the parts in wheel does is to make a ground for horn relay which then sends power to horns. If is was grounding your horns would blow all the time. Try this to find your battery drain--disconnect your ground cable at battery--hook a test light between battery cable and battery post--if there is a drain the light will glow--pull fuses one at a time until light goes out--when it goes out your battery drain is in this circuit which will make it easier to find. Hope this helps.
i agree, if your horn were draining your battery, you would sure as hell here it. i put grants in two different trucks and both worked fine. you don't need the pictured parts either. when i put one on my 64, the old wheel didn't have any of those parts in it (just a bare steering wheel with no guts) and i put the grant on and the horn worked fine

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote