View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #98
shifty
Questionable

Re: Calling all LS1 converted trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkade View Post
Well I finially got me another engine and trans. I ended up with a 4.8 and a 4l60e. What motor mounts are you guys using for the ls motors and what did you do to for the trans crossmember? I am going to turn the 4.8 into a iron block ls1. I got my pistons in yesterday and the crank is on its way. I am trying to locate some 243 heads and a ls6 intake and a tr226 cam. Also what accessories are you using on your motor (car or truck)? Are you using the truck oil pan? I hope the engine combo will make some good numbers and still give me around 18mpg.

i went with ECE - they do put the engine a little par forward, if you are using the truck engine and plan to use the mechanical fan, this may be a problem for you.

i DO NOT recommend using the crossmember linked above (it's the same unit that ECE sells), I believe the tubular crossmember that CPP sells is a much more attractive, slim and easier-to-install unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
Hey gringoloco who's doing your computer work?
if you want something close to home, talk to Jared at www.currentperformance.com - he can make you a custom wiring solution that will replace your current fusebox using their SA-1000 (or similar) standalone wiring harness and grafting it into your factory harness. I bought the SA-1000 by itself, and after seeing the quality, i wish i would have paid to have Jared do my wiring.

EDIT: I am saying this b/c i tried to skimp on my wiring. i thought, "hell, why should i pay an add'l $300 to have someone else hack my stuff.

well, needless to say, NOW i understand. would have shaved several dozen hours off my project. $$$$ buys you time (saved). just remember that.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 06-02-2007 at 11:13 AM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote