View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 06:35 AM   #18
old man jimmy

Re: '72 Jimmy - Original Sticker

Guess not many of us left to answer your price question. I ordered mine in late 71. Went to credit union, got blue book dealers cost on all the options I wanted. Had to use 71 prices as 72 wasn't in the book yet. Got hardtop, radio (am) posi, 350, 4 speed, rear seat, a/c, steering & brakes, and cst package.(carpets fancier seats & door panels & crome sticks.) tinted window came with a/c. 71 blue book dealers cost was 4500.00. Went to Chevy, gave them my paper with what I wanted & prices. Offered 4700.00. No go. Went to GMC same offer, they ordered it out for 4700.00. So that is what I paid for mine. When It came in window sticker was 5300.00. Things were cheap back then. Gauge package cost 10.25 over idiot lights. Good old days. Hope that gives you an idea. Forgot to mention, I'm still driving it. Only thing kinda messed up on was rear seat. It was around 200.00, and was only in it for 3 months, Takes up way too much room since it set in the middle of back. It's been setting in my store room every since. But befor you guys start asking, I don't want to sell it, I like to keep my toys complete.
old man jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote