View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 07:43 AM   #5
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Re: Where to start? Need to build my shopping list

My suggestion:

Pioneer 3400 (or above) deck
RF command reciever (can't remeber the company that makes it. Probably Pioneer also...)
Infinity Kappa speakers for the doors
Pioneer Shallow mount sub woofers matched with a zapco amplifier.

When you ask "How much is too much?" you're leaving alot of room there. Some people say that there is no limit. Others are happy with modest means.

Keeping it simple, you can place the deck inside the glove box and use the command module I mentioned to control it.

Since the doors are already cut, find what will fit and install a nice set of either coaxial or component speakers.

For the subs and amp, I'd go with the Pioneer 8" shallow mount subs and would probably place them under the seat(s) in their own boxes and then make a very simple amp rack for behind the seat. I'd reccomend a Zapco amp for their smaller size and quality.

Have you ever considered applying Dynamat to the interior of the truck? lining the doors with the stuff will do wonders for the cabin noise.

If you tell me your budget, I can make product reccomendations that are more specific.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote