View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
resin addict

Re: "Check engine" light

It's very simple, you paid them $582.66 to fix the problem causing the check engine light to come on...they didn't fix the problem. Go back, tell them to take their un-necessary parts back, put your old, apparently good parts back on, and give you your money back.
Either that, or replace the faulty new parts with good ones, at no addl. labor costs.
A co-worker had a similar problem with his Avalanche, very hard starting, the dealership tried a number of different fixes, fuel pump, regulater, etc. to the tune of approx. $700...he took it home and the following morning had the same problem, brought it back, they tried something else (can't remember what, but it was like an addl. $300)and that fixed it...he raised heck about the first round of repairs, and the dealership caved and refunded his money for the first repair.