View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
tygaboy

Re: '52 Suburban - Vette suspension help

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt View Post
Chris-

Welcome to the board! Are you looking to install the kit yourself... or have it istalled by a qualified shop? We will be developing a kit for the 47-55 first-series trucks, that is similar to our DropmemberC4 for the C-10 chassis, in the near future. If you are in a "hurry" the Flat-Out Engineering is a nice piece... if you are interested in waiting... you might be able to get one of first Dropmember C4s for the 47-55 first-series trucks!
Nathan,
Yes, I've e-mailed with you. I'm really impressed with your work and would go "PorterBuilt" in a heartbeat, particularly if I could get a front/rear package.
And while I'd like to get going, I'm not in a huge hurry - so what sort of time is involved in "waiting"? It sounded like you had your hands full with current work.
I'm all about expectation management. Let me know when the kits will be available and I'll make a decision.

As far as doing the work, I'm blessed with access to some pretty sophisticated equipment. I'll be using a portable CMM arm to digitally map the chassis, ensure alignment and position all the components. And a good friend who's a world class fabricator/welder with CAD skills just got his CNC machining center, etc. so it's looking like we'll be doing all the work.

But I'm always more of a "buy vs. build" guy - when the parts are available.
Let me know and maybe we can do some business. Keep up the great work.
Chris
tygaboy is offline   Reply With Quote