View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #92
Film Guy

Re: Film Guy Project Build Thread........

Here's an update. I have been working on the bed floor. Its wood. I cut my other one up to accommodate the big KP Components notch. I didn't like the look of the wood floor with the big notch sticking up. So I ordered another wood floor from Mar-k. Side note; the people @ mar-k are awesome. Not only do the carry some of the best products, they are good to deal with. A real class act! Got the wood and coated with 4 coats of sealer. Sanding between each coat. I also had to order new strips. Instead of the stainless steel that I cut up, I ordered the powder coated black. Just as a switch. The floor had to be raised a few inches so I put another set of cross sills on top of 2.5"X2.5" square tubing. Which I mounted on top of the original cross sills. Sounds complicated but it's not. I also found some original bed sides from a SWB that I had dipped @ Metal Rehab (another class act). Found a NOS tailgate. How lucky is that? Thanks to 72highlander from the forum. I finally bolted it all together last week end and rolled it out of the garage for some sunshine. Here are a few pics
Attached Images

Film Guy is offline   Reply With Quote