View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 05:31 PM   #22
Truckstr

Man, I have too many different tool brands. My Grandfather gave me all of his tools when he moved off of the farm. He's 92 and had tools from waaaaay back.

There's Blackhawk, SnapOn, S-K, Craftsman, Thorsen, Crescent, etc., etc. There's a bunch of really oddball stuff. I even found a few old wrenches that I've since learned came with some vintage cars (Model T and Model A Fords and several from 8N tractors).

Yeah, he was a "pack rat" and, as they say, the apple didn't fall too far from the tree LOL.

The sad thing is that there's not a single complete set of anything (organization of tools was not a priority).

I have since "retired" most of those hand-me-downs, but they still come in handy every once in a while. When you need a tool, there's not often a good substitute for the right one.

I have mostly Craftsman for "my" collection. But Craftsman screwdrivers are NOT my favorite. I've used standard Craftsman and Craftsman Professional, but they still round off and ruin the screw (even brand-new screws).

Has anyone else come to the conclusion that Craftsman screwdrivers, shall we say, "leave a bit to be desired"?

I don't mean to highjack the thread, but what's the best screwdriver out there? I like S-K, but am open to suggestions.

'67 short Fleet; my ongoing project.
'66 long Fleet; my original "baby."

Live life or bust trying.
Truckstr is offline   Reply With Quote