View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:01 AM   #334
Frizzle Fry

Re: Joined the Short Wheelbase Club *69 Tahoe Project*

Thanks guys, and thanks for the chop. I'm diggin 'em. I need to make some "accommodations" for the tires and then I'll take it to a shop for some test fitting.

There's one little snag; I may need to run a ~3/8-1/2" spacer in the back. The reason is because Coy stopped offering the 22x9 in a 5" backspacing. They only offer it in 5.5" now (even though the website still showed the 5"). So the back tucks in a little more than I'd like and it's pretty close to the inside wall of the tub. I thought I had given up 1/2" of positive offset, but that's not the case. They just machine down the mounting pad so running a spacer will be no different than buying their 5" BS wheels (just more expensive ).

Even after I get tires I'll probably roll around on the 17's while I finish all the fabrication... who am I kidding It's a good thought anyway

And Porter, the neighbors and I have a love/hate relationship. They love when I help them with their cars and hate when I work on mine Not really; we're all good. But I didn't make any friends this night (Britain with the gortex respirator ) 2000 RPM for 30 min with no valve covers and a smoke filled garage
Attached Images

Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 08-01-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote