View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 07:57 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Don't buy liquid clay bar ice from turtle wax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ve used that liquid clay bar lately and think it`s the best thing I`ve found in a long time.Are we all familiar with what clay bar is?It`s an old method of using special clay to rub down the finish to clean stains and bring the surface of the paint back.This is a liquid form for ease,but prolly not the job you`d get from the real thing.I wouldn`t use this product after machine polishing.It would be the thing to use first.I used it on my trucks,then waxed and the paint has the best possible finish I could expect.A couple things I did notice about it are:1)When you rinse it off it leaves a residue of the old paint.But,if you wax it,that`s gone and the paint is smooth as it can be.2)I tryed it on my oxidized tow truck and it only made it streaky.This has always been my experience with oxidized paint and hand compounding,though.Also,I didn`t do circular motion,I did back and forth like the directions say.Clay bar is a deep cleaner not a polish.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote