View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #42
indyracer

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

Well, I had never even thought of a 67-72 pickup. On a July day in 2006 my best friend was down at my home for a cookout. We were sitting on the deck talking and he said "Mom is selling the old green truck". I said "the truck we spent so many hours in as kids, traveling to the lake and camping"? He replied "yep, she says it isn't running so I need to get rid of it". We continued to talk about it some and later that night I told my wife I wanted to get it. It was that night that I also found this website. I did my same routine when I get an interest, which is to get online and find info about it. I never knew what year this truck was until that day last year. I never thought about things like this when I was younger.

I bought the thing, trailered it home and stuck it in the garage. Tinkered with it over the fall, didn't do anything with it over the winter. When spring came I got on it again. All be it not very fast.

Now I have myself a full blown project and doing my first attempt at bodywork, painting and restoration. I am not trying to get a show truck, just a nice looking family truck to use when we go to Lowe's.

Project thread: Right Here

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

1970 Chevy CST10 (Green)
2005 Silverado Z71
2000 Pontiac Bonneville
indyracer is offline   Reply With Quote