View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #59
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

I’ve always liked the body style of these trucks but I always had too many projects (Ramblers) to actually buy one. Then one day while I was working in my shop, forum member Scoti drives up in his 68 SWB that still wore its original paint. Scot had already lowered it and swapped on some rallies. At that very moment I said I’m getting one of those! So I owe all this madness to him, Scot the wife thanks you! The first 68 SWB I bought was from a forum member (I think he just signed up to sell his truck) anyway, I drove from Dallas to Springfield to get it. I was happy with the truck ps, pb 350/350 five lug conversion and started buying parts for the build. We called this truck “Ethel” and for some strange reason I kept looking at trucks and that’s when I spotted “Lucy” 68 SWB about a month later. It too was located in Missouri so in order to pay for this one I had to sell “Ethel” which the owner of the shop bought right away and placed in storage. Back to Missouri I go (another forum member) and when I got this one home I stopped looking and started doing a quick make-over so I can enjoy it for a while. By this time I’ve got the bug bad and I’m looking for another truck for a major build. I got lucky and found a local truck that another forum member had (lilred67). It’s a super nice 68 C20 that I’m having Porterbuilt build a custom frame and just basically going overboard on…..so in order to help fund the new build I have to sell Lucy which the owner of the shop buys and trades me back Ethel (the first truck) as part of the payment. I ask my son if he wants it for his “toy” and he passes so I sell it to another forum member. I should have never done that and boy do I regret it now! So I’ve bought all three of my 68’s from forum members, got started on this addiction from a forum member so now what am I doing? I’m looking on the forum because my kid has now seen the light and wants a 71-72 and I’m only doing this for the boy……I’m looking real hard! Never know Dad may get to drive it a little while he building “Project Swingset” Oh thanks again Scoti!
n2billet is offline   Reply With Quote