View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 10:11 PM   #67
Ackattack

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

Mine started before I could drive.

My dad bought a 69 SWB when I was in about 6th grade. When it came home it was orange and brown primer. I think he got a lot of crap from my mom, but he painted it up and put some wheels on it. He had it for awhile before he sold it. I think I was really too young to care too much about it, but I did like it.

Well when it came time for me to get my first vehicle I wanted a 67-72. My dad told me no, it would cost too much money to keep it running and I couldn't afford the gas. So I got a 88 4cyl mustang I had that for about a year and a half until I sold it. And in 97 I bought my 72 GMC. It was pretty nice when I got it. We went and looked at it on a Sunday but didn't bring any money with us. We decided that I'd buy it, but I didn't know when we could come back. My dad suggested that I skip school and get it the next morning (I thought that was cool....it hadn't crossed my mind as an option ) So the next day we got it.

I drove it the rest of high school and most of the way through college everyday. My dad was right about one thing, it has cost a lot of money

Now I just started a frame off on the 68....new project and a lot more money
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote