View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 12:24 AM   #79
Brock
upgrading to an older model

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

Well here we go...I had a 1999 S-10, finally got it paid off, decided I needed a boat. I went to an auto dealership and there sat a nice red/white 17' Nitro, good price...Only problem was my little 4-banger stick would have fits pulling it. So I aksed them to put together a boat/truck package for me...they did. I left with a new boat, a 2005 F-150, and for the first time NOT a chevrolet/GMC. I drove it home, quickly decided I hated it (the boat was fine just didn't have time to use it). So I decided I wanted one of those cool old trucks late 60's early 70's, you know one of those bad-ass trucks. I started watching, seeing them in yards, finally I saw one on Ebay. It looked rough, but I could tell it was straight and essentially rust free, and close. Ended up buying it with a last second bid of $242. Drove 70 miles to a place called Bandana (right down from Money's Elbow or eyebrow I forget which), picked her up and brought her home. Been sanding, bondoing, sanding, and primering ever since (its only been about a month). I promptly ordered replacement seats at a price of $242, bought a 307 a guy took out of his '69 for $20, and a guy at the race track gave me a 700r4 transmission. Can't wait to get her on the road and sell that thing I drive everyday!!!

Last edited by Brock; 08-13-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote