View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 12:58 AM   #83
BraveDave

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

Nearly 6 years ago, I was driving a 1999 S-10 pickup that was nearing 130,000 miles. I am a land surveyor and thought it was about time to think about getting a new truck. I considered getting a '71 or '72 chevy with an updated drivetrain. I knew the gas mileage wouldn't be as good, but I thought I could find something decent for 8-10K so that would more than make up for the difference. I logged onto eBay, looking for something with disc brakes, and found this '72 Cheyenne Super. It only had two pics and they were not very good. Blurry and from the back, they didn't give a very good depiction of what this truck really looked like. I sent the seller an email and asked for more pics. What he sent really got me excited. They were very clear and it was easy to see that this was a truck worth owning. He had bought the truck a couple of years earlier from a guy who tried to fix it up. They had installed a Vortec 350, Turbo 350 with a shift kit and painted the truck and had the interior re-done. The only bad thing was that they had tried to mate the '72 AC to the new compressor and got the wiring all wrong..that, and they heated the coil springs with a torch, so the truck sat lop-sided. When I got the truck, it was much nicer than what I had originally thought it would be and there was no way I was going to used this for a daily driver. I bought the truck for 9K, added Vintage Air, and dropped spindles and dropped springs, front and rear, and the Torq-Thrust II's Other than that, I have done nothing but drive it and enjoy it.

Last edited by BraveDave; 08-13-2007 at 01:00 AM.
BraveDave is offline   Reply With Quote