View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #93
1970bowtie

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

ever since i saw copperhead on trucks when i was about 12 or 13 i fell in love with this body style. i went through about 400 auto traders looking for the right truck, and didnt have any luck finding something in my price range.one of my friends had told me about a 71/72 short fleet setting in a field with a bunch of other old vehicles. i figured the guy wouldnt sell it or would want to much so i didnt pay much attention to it. i was sitting around one day with nothing to do, so i decided to go look the the truck.i drove by and just had to have the truck. it was a 72, lowered and tubbed with a 4 inch cowl hood.so i turned around and knocked on the door...found out the truck had no engine or trans, but had new tweed interior and NO RUST, anyway i asked the guy if he would sell it.he said no..and told me someone offered him $2500 for it. and he turned them down. so i was heading back to the car when i thought to ask him if he knew anyone that had a truck for sale and he gave me a number, i called it and bought 2 trucks from the guy.
as of now im trying to put one together out of 2 before i have to go back to school

then i ended up with the gmc, and i havent had much joy out of it...just lots of wasp stings...
WTT 2 15x10 american racing outlaw 2 wheels for 2 of the same in a 15x7 or 15x8

Last edited by 1970bowtie; 08-16-2007 at 10:33 PM.
1970bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote