View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 01:03 AM   #33
Peter82
Everything is Custom

Re: Any one Chop there Top???

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post
#1 There is no seal made for a chop, due to so many differnt chop top ideas. However a good glass guy will make the factory seal fit like a glove, mine did.
#2 The glass cutter is the trick and keep in mind, he may have to cut a couple windshields before he gets it right. That is on your billfold and not his. Mine was experienced enough that he got it right the first time. A good cutter will grind or polish the glass to size and not use a glass cutter--so to speak.

The guy that I used has had people fro all over the USA come to their shop, since they are the best. He owns Sunrise Glass in Merriam, Kansas. Many people said they tried many and then ended up going to him.

He did m y glass and made a special rear window for my truck ---including drilling holes and have the rear glass heat treated so that it wiill "POP OUT" like a van's window for about $600.00. I got off cheap for what I had done.

well are you able to tell me the name and addres of the shop that did your glass. maybe i can ship them some glass to cut. and i think i like the 4" chop.
Peter82 is offline   Reply With Quote