View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 AM   #338
Rokcrln

Re: Project Lemon Drop: anything but stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseCannon View Post
Any updates?

I also like the out-of-site bulkhead and wonder what a/c system you're using?
It is a Vintage Air system and I think the bulk head is also a Vintage unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaquester5 View Post
I notice the detail you show in one of the photos of the firewall of what appears to be a bulkhead fitting for an a/c system is that correct?What system are you using? I am considering Vintage Air for my truck and have been told the Gen II system is better than the Sure Fit as you can obtain a cleaner firewall.Did you prefit an evaporator under the dash before paint, I don't see holes for one and assume perhaps bolts were welded on the inside at some earlier point? Clearly, your firewall is as clean as is obtainable so your thoughts on a system will be of great interest. Your project is certainly an inspiration,and look forward to watching future progress.
Yes that is the bulk head fitting and the system we mocked it all up with was the Gen II system if I remember right. The lines will run up in the top of the fender untill they get tward the Rad support then they will duck out and hook to the compressor. Yes I did weld a few extra suports and mounting points so their would not be any holes comming thru th efire wall. This was the cleanets way we could come up with for running everything. I like the Gen II kit and wish I had one for my truck but I bought mine about 7yrs ago and they did not offer this kit that I was aware of. So in Low Buck it will come out right thru the fire wall but that is just how it goes. On my 2WD Blazer I am sure I will set it up for a Gen II system. The wiring will come out the same spot on the drivers side

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad6772 View Post
hey kevin i hate to ask you a question . that im shure you get asked alot. but do you have any tips on shaving the drip rails... im starting this on my 72 next weekend and would like a few tips..do i need to do this with the doors on? and should i just cut off the drip rails in small sections and tack.? and did yoiu have to pie cut the roof anywhere? any help would be awsome..........i know when you got this project that it was already shaved, but it looks like you done a ton of work to them.........thanks tony
My first tip is don't do it! I spent teh most time on this project just getting things right due to these cabs not being built all teh same even from side to side. It is alot of work to get things just right but if you do then it looks great. It is funny the two things I did not like when I started this project were shaved drip rails and Yellow. I even told Jugernot when I went to look at the truck before taking it on and he just told me that that is what he wanted and he knew it would turn out right. And boy was he right!
Back to your question, yes cut and tack small areas first and you will want yours doors set perfect before you start so you have a good referance point. As far as having to pie cut the roof it will depend on how it all welt together from the factory. The two areas in question will be at the front edge right at the corner were the door, the windshield meet and the "A" post all meet. They normaly are not in alignment and take alot of playing around with to get them to line up right. Good luck.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 09-01-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote