View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #181
jkade

Re: Calling all LS1 converted trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68GenIII View Post
What are you running for a tranny? The weight of the twenties is what will hurt your dyno numbers. Who is tuning your motor? So you are running the
LS1 flat tops with the small chambered 5.3 heads, what intake? Tell me a little more about the cam specs? How big is your exhaust, what headers/ mufflers? Nice truck BTW!!
I am running the 4l60e with a fuddle 3200 converter. There is a guy about 45mins away ( genIII performance) that is going to come down when I get it ready to crank it ( hopefully in a week). Yes I am running the ls1 flat tops with the 5.3/4.8 heads that have had a heavy porting and polishing job done to them. I am using a stock ls1 intake until I get the funds for a ls6 intake. The cam is a patriot performance, 226/226 and 585/585 you can buy them new for about $275 and I picked up mine from the guy that is doing my tunning for $150 used out of a customers zo6 vette. I bought a set of mac mid lengths for a f-body and the look like they are going to work without any major surgery. I am going to put 2.5" exhaust with a h-pipe and some resonators for the exhaust. I also bought a set of patriot gold springs that are good to .650 lift and they come with retainers, locks, valve seals, and seats for $225, they are the best deal out there. I also ported my oil pump to boost up the flow a little and upgraded to arp bolts where I could afford them. Also you can save some serious doe if you do your own harness, it is not hard. One more thing, I am using the stock tank behind the seat. I took the sending unit out and drilled a hole and installed a piece of 3/8" tubing for the pick up, I went to advance and looked through there pickup socks for a efi fuel pump and made it fit on the end of the new pickup tube.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote