View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
Select
Friday's Toy

Re: garage door opener crapped out

I put in a Genie Elcelerator(sp) on my garage several years back. That thing yanks the 200lb+ wood door up so fast it'll make your head spin. My logic board is on the fritz right now so I just plug it in as needed. The garage is so full of crap right now I don't open it unless I need to. At the time I put mine in it was around $289 purchase price. I can get a new logic board for around 65 bucks. The wife's uncle installed garage doors and such until recently. I figured out it was the logic board by accident. One time late at night around 11:30 or so I hear the door open and the wife and I are in the livingroom watching tv. I told her to go in the bedroom with the dogs and I'll go out with the gun. I circle the house the back way and no one was to be found. We keep openers in the work trucks and I thought someone had gotten into them and opened the garage door. I called the uncle the next day and he said to get a logic board and it'll be good to go. He said it's the easiest money he's ever made on the Genies......Mikey

2009 Jeep Rubicon

2011 Powerstroke FX4 (totaled)

71 C10, SWB Fleet with factory tilt

72 LWB C10, 350 700R4 with factory tilt
Select is offline   Reply With Quote