Thread: Die-cast 67-72
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #159
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Re: Die-cast 67-72

I don't intentionaly bid against anyone Luke. I find all of the auctions either on Google, or using the ebay search engines. Usualy right after they are listed. I then enter the auctions into my power snipe and place my highest bid there, then forget about them untill I get notification of wether or not I won the auction or was outbid. I use power snipe for 2 reasons. I use it because I do not have to worry about when any particular auction ends to enter my bid, and the other is by not entering a bid during the duration of the auction, I am not drawing attention to it. If someone bids higher than what my maximum bid is in power snipe, I will loose the auction just like anyone else would with a lower bid. There are also in the 10s of thousands of members here and although not all of them are ebay members here, many of them are. There is no way that I can know if any one particular member is bidding on an item, because I do not know their ebay name. Even if I knew them, like I said I don't watch auctions, because it tends to make me willing to pay more for something while getting caught up in the frensy. I have been beeten many times by board members here also. It doesn't bother me either, because they were willing to pay more for the item than me.
I can appriciate the brotherhood we all feel here and nobody wants to make anyone pay more than they have to, to buy any particular item, but if I had to wory about wether a board member was bidding on an item, I wouldn't bid on anything. I hope you understand, because I have a lot of respect for you and I hope you do the same for me. I just wouldn't want to jepourdise that. WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote