View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #25
ChevyDude

Re: Price quote on Sandblasting your frame???

Ok guys....sorry for the delay in reporting. I got to his shop at 4:45...door was locked generic note on the door telling customers to go to a different location about a mile away. So we drive over there and I ask to talk to Wayne, the owner. he comes out and I say "Hi, I'm Alex with GatorHyde". Silence...he says nothing so I say "Wayne, As a customer I have never been spoken to so rudely in my life, and then you hang up on me". So he goes into his speach about he is very direct and that when it's time to go it's time to go. Whatever! I bought a witness to the 150 dollar quote with me, because Wayne tried to tell me the quote was 150 dollars and hour. Mike (my friend) who helped me drop it off say's "Nope I was right there and your employee quoted 150.00". In the end the guy tells me my frame isn't done as his compressors that cost 15,000 dollars broke down and that my frame will be done tomorrow. So I brought the conversation back to "Why don't we meet in the middle, $250.00" He went into a song and dance about he's lossing money and doesn't want "my kinda job" (frames)...and that he will have 5 hours in it...blah blah blah....and says "the least he can give it to me is $275.00 to 300.00. You know he is going to charge $300. So it went from 150.00 quoted to $300.00, an increase of a 100% which is deplorable and aweful business practice. Guys, in my younger days I would have pulled him over the counter, beat his ass, and ended up in jail and court. I'm am past that point in my life. I will pay the ass the $300.00 and report him to the BBB, and do everything I can in the Denver community to make others aware of the way this guy conducts business.....once I get my frame back.

Alex

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4
ChevyDude is offline   Reply With Quote