View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #69
old man jimmy

Re: Both headlights burned out tonight... Why?

72 4X4 beat me to it. But as I said way back. The more you tear apart the more likely you are to create other problems. It's obvious your not a mechanic. I suggest first off you find out why it wont start. Forget your battery drain for now. The problem could be one and the same. But a lot easier to track down your starting circuit first. I repeat.. One thing at a time. It kinda scares me when you talk about disconnecting this and that, like radio etc. You drove it home & parked it. It was running then. You kinda got a one track mind, when it comes to your "voltage drain" I wish you'd just put everything back the way it was when you got it home, & we'll go from their. I was a mechanic at a Ford dealership for years, and I can't tell you how many cars we got in that people tried to fix themselves, and didn't know what they were doing. Only makes a small problem into a big one. I am glad you describe how you are testing things. If we just assume you're testing it right, and you're not. We're up a creek on giving advise. And yes I would keep your battery cable off while you're not their till we get this worked out.

Last edited by old man jimmy; 10-03-2007 at 12:20 AM.
old man jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote