Thread: Die-cast 67-72
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #196
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Die-cast 67-72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Heartbeat View Post
Look what I won on fleabay!! I hadn't seen one of these. It is a 1/64th scale GMC Stepside... Not that great looking, but what the heck..lol

WES
Look on the tailgate, it says Chevrolet. I think this is the same truck that you can get with a NAPA logo. I haven't seen one of those for sale yet though. I occasionally see the Bell one, which is how I got mine a while back.

I did win the black/green/white 20 TIS truck yesterday. I saw that Andy had bid, but it was real early, so I just set my max and left it, never really thinking that I'd get it. No one else bid, go figure. Sorry Andy.

The stores I've been to are carrying the other 20 TIS truck. I could have bought 3 or 4 more today, but I've already got my other extras listed on ebay.

There was a thread here about using a 1/24 model body on a Xmods chassis for remote control. I was looking at a similar sized R/C truck on the clearance rack today and wondering if a model or die cast body could be made to fit that. They're cheap and already set up to go.

OFF TOPIC (sort of)
Now my other die cast collection is the Cars movie characters. They just came out with a bunch of new ones, just when I figured they were done. There must be about 20+ new ones and most are selling for rediculous money on ebay. Like $20+ each for several (the ones I don't have). A lesson learned is that if you have patience, they will be on the shelves eventually and the ones you can't find will have a much lower price after the new thrill is gone. I have about 12 of the new set so far and probably about 50 all together. I need to make something to display them, but need to wait and see how many they actually end up making.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote